Thread: royal engineers

grarm51

Default royal engineers

does anybody have any information on the 607 & 8th railway construction company royal engineers thanks for any help Grarm

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Grarm,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

I would suggest that you google for each of the companies as there is a lot of information on the internet.
    It would be a complete waste of my time to provide a list of some of the websites available as (a) I'm not going to go through over 15,500,000 hits to sort out what I think would be relevant to your query and (b) because I have no idea exactly what information you're looking for I would probably omit the site which has that precise nugget you want.

If you want to know about a particular person connected with the companies then we will probably be able to help a little more. Though you will need to give us something other than just a name and possibly service number. (Approximate year and place of birth are always good for starters.)

Pam

Googling took me straight to the National Archives database - click HERE. It's a bit confusing since it says that you need to request a hard copy, and then that the records are closed for another 29 years, so you might need to check with them.
    Google turned up many more hits including a photo on the Imperial War Museum's site, HERE

Brian S

I think the years of Closure Given Lesley refer to the number of years after WW2.

Higher up the page it does say "Free to View at TNA".

There is a similar problem with dating War Crimes. Discovery in most cases gives the date of investigation. Not incident