Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    minder45

Default Lawrence Frederick Seabrook;

Can anyone help me please? I know very little about my father whom I understand was based at RAF Anglesey during the war where he was involved with radar. Whilst there he met my mother Maragaret Dora Andrade. My searches on Forces records have shown nothing about either.

I am trying to find out because my daughter is asking questions about her grandparents and I have no one whom I can ask.

AD

With regard to post-1921 records, please read the message HERE.

With regard to FWR, please read the second message in this RAF forum, HERE.

Lastly, since our AUP does not allow information about (potentially) living people to be posted in the open forum, I have to ask you whether your parents are still alive? If either one is, all is not lost - but the information must be passed to you privately via our pm system. See what the second message above says about that.

At the moment, it's taking a while for service records to be sent out as the recent anniversaries encouraged more applications that usual. However, it sounds as though you want more general information than just a service record, and much can be done with normal genealogical searching.

For example, I can see that a couple of those names married in Bromley in 1944. You could buy a copy of that marriage certificate, which would tell you who their fathers were, give you the bride & groom's ages, and other information.

If you click HERE, the link will take you to a database called FreeBMD, where you can search for their births. both surnames are rare, and there's only one person of each name, in 1920 and 1922. However, remember that this is a transcribed index, and you need to check what you find against the full certificates.

It looks like your grandparents were:
    Harold F Seabrook and Sarah A Wartle (mar 1917, Morpeth)
    Philip D Andrade and Agnes M Lipscomb (mar 1920, Croyden)

Again, the info comes from FreeBMD and must be checked with the original certificates.

Morpeth Herald, 28 Apr 1944
    Marriages
    SEABROOK - ANDRADE - At St Mary's Parish Church, Shortlands, by the Rev J F Thornhill (Vicar), Lawrence Frederick Seabrook, Sergt, R.A.F, son of Mrs and the late Mr. H F Seabrook, florist, Blyth to Margaret Dora, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs P D Andrade "Hillcroft", Farnaby Road, Bromley, Kent
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

First, a very warm welcome to Brit-gen
    Have found the family on the 1911 Census, including Harold Frederick whose occupation agrees with the occupation mentioned in the above marriage notice. However, FMP policy precludes posting any 1911 details.

1901 Census (ref RG13 4614 87 27)
    James Seabrook, Head, Marr, age 43, Florist & ? (can't make out wording), b. Abbotslangley, Herts
    Alice Seabrook, Wife, marr, 42, b. St Nicholas, Herts
    Winnifred Seabrook, Dau, Sing, 19, dressmaker, b. Crewe, Cheshire
    Clement H Seabrook, son, 14, b. Crewe
    Francis V Seabrook, son, 12, b. Newport, Bucks
    Stanley A Seabrook, 10, b. Darlington, Durham
    Florence M Seabrook, 1, b. ?, Durham
    Address - Hurworth Place, Hurworth, Darlington

No sign of Harold Frederick with the family in 1901??

1901 Census (RG13 4594 58 5)
    Harold F Seabrook, Servant, Single, age 17, Journeyman Gardener, b. Crewe, Cheshire
    Address - Gardener's Cottage, South Cowton, Northallerton

This fits with info found on later Census.

minder45

Default Tahnk you,

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    Morpeth Herald, 28 Apr 1944
    Marriages
    SEABROOK - ANDRADE - At St Mary's Parish Church, Shortlands, by the Rev J F Thornhill (Vicar), Lawrence Frederick Seabrook, Sergt, R.A.F, son of Mrs and the late Mr. H F Seabrook, florist, Blyth to Margaret Dora, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs P D Andrade "Hillcroft", Farnaby Road, Bromley, Kent
    This gives me confirmation that my father was in the RAF which fits with the little that I knew. It is good to have this much to be sure of.

thumbelina

Quote Originally Posted by minder45 View Post
    Can anyone help me please? I know very little about my father whom I understand was based at RAF Anglesey during the war where he was involved with radar. Whilst there he met my mother Maragaret Dora Andrade. My searches on Forces records have shown nothing about either.

I am trying to find out because my daughter is asking questions about her grandparents and I have no one whom I can ask.

AD
    To the best of my knowledge both of your parents were plotters during the war and their time at RAF Anglesey.

Immediately before his de-mob from the RAF Lawrence Frederick Seabrook was involved in air traffic control at the Great West(?) Aerodrome which later became Heathrow Airport.

The maiden name of your paternal Grandmother was Sarah Ann Wastle (not Wartle as you've been advised previously), born in 1844. She had an older sister called Margaret born 1882.

Your father was born in 1920, your mother in 1923.
    Last edited by thumbelina; 20-01-2015 at 3:04 AM. Reason: Additional info

thumbelina

I should have stated that RAF Anglesey is actually called RAF Valley and to correct my previous post your Grandmother was born 1884 (not 1844 as I typed).

thumbelina

According to the National Archive Records your father's service number is 1116042 which might be helpful to you for further research.

The microfilm is available to view in NAR Catalogue reference: AIR 78/141

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast