Tia100613

Question Father Wellington Pilot William George Kent

I am at my wits end trying to find out any information about my late father. He was born in January 1922 and died December 2012. I believe at some he was based at Cranwell in Lincolnshire and went over to several different countries including Egypt, Italy, Cyprus, Middle East, Malta. He rarely spoke about the war and when he died we thought we could find out more about him as he had some of his log books etc in the attic. However when we looked he had cleared everything, the attic was empty. When he joined the RAF he was living in Jersey, Channel Islands. I have nobody to ask as sadly all relations have passed away now. Please can someone help me or point me in a direction which may help me.
    Thanks,

Tia100613

Welcome to British-Genealogy

WW11 records are still held by the MoD so you will have to apply for them. You will need his death certificate and it will cost 30 pounds to apply for them.
    This 'sticky' explains and gives links to the necessary site for downloading forms.
    How sad it is that your father felt the need to destroy his log books etc but he is one of many who didn't want to be reminded of their experiences.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Do you know his service number?