Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    usernick

An update - apparently there is a technical issue that they're trying to sort out:

"The reason that you are unable to download your order is because there is a technical fault at our end. Our technical team are investigating the cause of the problem and we hope to resolve the issue as quickly as we can. Please note that the system is unlikely to send another automated email to you, therefore you should check your account on a regular basis."

I did send a follow-up e-mail asking when it's likely to be resolved, but I haven't had a response yet...

usernick

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post
    Not so useful when your ancestors didn't leave wills that required probate. My lot didn't have a ha'penny to leave!!!
    Most of my lot didn't either - just the odd few here and there...

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by usernick View Post
    Most of my lot didn't either - just the odd few here and there...

I remember in days of yore being derided by Dad, who had the same view as Ladkyis, for planning to going to Somerset House to look through the book indexes, ordering wills and getting them while you waited for a few pennies, and then gleefully ringing him up (from a phone box) to say -I've just got copies of your great grandparents Wills, and guess what - their house, which they owned, was left to their adopted son. His reply included the words "what adopted son?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loves to help with queries

Do we know if there is a backlog in downloading wills? I requested/paid on 29 Dec and am still awaiting a reply. Their website did say up to 10 days

That's 10 working days, would be from 5th January I reckon

Loves to help with queries

Thanks Neil. I have now discovered the will has been in my "account box" since 9 Jan. I had been awaiting an email but this never arrived. Regrettably the will did not have the information on it that I was hoping for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12