Valued member of Brit-Gen SandraL's Avatar

Default Not Sure Where This Was Taken

I'm not sure where is taken. It looks like a cenotaph but it isn't the one in my area. I did a street view and it isn't Halifax NS either. As many of the naval servicemen were stationed in NS during the war. Does anyone know?

https://i623.photobucket.com/albums/t...pse1a5392b.jpg

I looked at more online and it isn't Ottawa, nor Toronto or London Ontario or Stoney Creek Ontario.

thewideeyedowl

Default 'Traces of War' website

Though I cannot identify the Memorial - sorry! - you might find it useful to check out the website called Traces of War, which is building up a database/info about war memorials worldwide. It has quite a few for Canada, but you can also search, say, for Naval, and you will find all sorts all over the place. There are also photos of many (all?) of the memorials - obviously, that is what you want to look at. To get to the website, which carries advertising, you will need to convert this into an internet address:
    https://en dot tracesofwar dot com

Hope this might help a bit.

Owl

Thanks for reply.

Even though he served for Canada doesn't also mean the pic was taken there. Which could leave one scratching one's head.

I didn't know this person much at all since him and his wife moved to Seattle Washington before I was born.