Julia's nanny

Default George A C Page - Hilda B Hutchinson info

Hello all I'm stuck with finding any information on my family line once it is outside Canada. I have little financial resources so any information you can give me on tracing my line would be greatly appreciated. My grandparents are George A C Page and Hilda B Hutchinson. I know they were married in 1927 and that Betty Veronica Page b 1928 Fulham district was my mother. From my mother onward what I know past these names, which is minimal to say the least, is all I have. Any help is a blessing. Thanks Susan

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Susan,

Firstly, as helachau pointed out (post #3 in your other thread https://www.british-genealogy.com/thr...lliott-wedding) Hilda's surname is Hutchison - there is no middle 'n'.

You have two options. Either come to the UK and search the parish registers for all the churches in Fulham registration district, keeping everything crossed that George and Hilda married in a CofE church, and not a non-conformist chapel or register office, because other you'll still have to buy the marriage certificate anyway.
    Or just send for the marriage certificate. Megan has given you the link in post #2 of your other thread.
    The reference you need for George and Hilda's certificate is December quarter 1927, Fulham registration district, volume 1a number page number 905. You can quote only George's name of George A C Page.

You need the certificate so you can confirm their ages, and hopefully the names of their fathers.
    I think Hilda was born in 1910, and may be the daughter of Mathew and Beatrice Hutchison, but you need that marriage certificate for proof.
    You can easily pluck names/people of out thin air simply because they 'fit' but they're not necessarily the right names/people.

I can't find a birth registration 1880-1915 for a George A C Page, and there's quite a few for plain George A.

Once you have the marriage certificate, then we should be able to find out more information without too many expenses for you.

Pam

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

The original query seems to overlap with details posted in Susan's other thread about this family.

To avoid duplication of research, I will lock this thread.

If anyone can provide further assistance please reply here.

Pam