Thread: Major Success .

Loves to help with queries

Default Major Success .

I have been unable to find my grandfather Thomas Flaherty a musician born in Manchester in 1888 in the 1911 census . His wife, daughter and the rest of his family are there but he has proved to be impossible to find .... until today !!!!

I popped into my local library and searched on Ance...com and there he was .... He had sailed to the US in Nov of 1910 destination Pawtucket Rhode Island , I know he had family there.

I'm sure I've searched this site before and found nothing ?

Really pleased with this important find . That's another brickwall dismantled !!

Great News. It's always worth going back to sites you have searched before, as new records get added all the time
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Wilkes_ml

Well done! It's a great feeling when something turns up at last. Sometimes it's worth looking back over records a second time..I'm often surprised by how many things I have missed in original parish records when I have gone back to them a second time..it can be so easy to skim past something and not find what you are looking for, only to discover it was there all along! And for sites like Ancestry and Find My Past, things that may have been accidentally ommited may be updated.

I'm still trying to find my great grandparents in 1911 Census ..convinced they had died 1901 to 1911 because I couldn't find them, and confused when I could not find their deaths...only to discover they didn't die until the 1930s...maybe one day someone will find the missing batches of census!

Loves to help with queries

Must be my lucky day .... With my new found details I looked at Family Search and came across the passenger index card Thomas Flaherty completed on arrival in the US.
    It gives personal details of his height , complexion ,eye and hair colour .. and details of his families address in the US , a real bonanza of new info .
    Thanks for the encouragement ...