John Hatfield

Post Looking for my ggg Grandfather

Hello All,
    My name is John Clements Hatfield. I live in the state of Arizona in the USA. I started my search for ancestors a few year ago but just picked it up again two months ago. As you can tell by my name almost all
    of my family originated in the UK. I can go way back on my Grandmothers side but can't get past 1720 on my Fathers side.

My Grandfather came over in about 1850 and his Father after him. They became Mormons and settled in the state of UTAH. I am not a Mormon for what ever that's worth. Anyway I'm looking for information on Jacob Hatfield born in 1720 in Derbyshire. His son was Thomas Hatfield born in 1748 also in Derbyshire.

I'm glad to meet you. Sincerely John

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi John,

All I can find is Thomas' birth 1748 in Duffield. There is also a death for a Jacob Hatfield in Duffield in 1781. As this info came from the LDS site I presume thjat you already have it.

Emeltee

Name well known on Brit-Gen

What village in Derbyshire?

janbooth

Ancestry's Derbyshire Parish Record transcriptions shows the baptism at Duffield on 11 October 1748 of Thomas son of Jacob HATFIELD. This appears to be the only baptism for offspring of Jacob HATFIELD.

Could this perhaps be your Jacob HATFIELD's marriage. 8 July 1745 at Fleet, London Jacob HATFIELD of Hafield in Derbyshire, Husbandman, widower & Henerita Maria BROOKS, widow (source Ancestry's Clandestine Marriage & Baptisms Register - actual image). There is then another record (transcription only) of a marriage for the same couple at Westminster on 8 July 1746, i.e. Jacob HATFIELD & Henrietta Maria BROOKS.

Burial at Duffield on 8 February 1781 Jacob HATFIELD.

There is also a burial at Duffield on 15 January 1753 for a Thomas HATFIELD - could this perhaps be Jacob's father - although perhaps not, as his PCC Will is on Ancestry dated 3 April 1746 and he leaves everything to his wife Hannah whom he makes sole Executrix.

Not too much help there, but will keep looking.

Janet

Welcome to British-Genealogy John

I have moved your thread to the Derbyshire forum as it is a request for research help and our sleuths are already on the case.
    Good luck with your quest.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs