Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Devonmade

Birth Registration:

John D Markham b {date removed by mod} Registration district: Easington, County: Durham
    Volume Number: 10a Page Number: 709

Mothers maiden name Elliott
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 16-12-2014 at 4:35 PM. Reason: we can't be sure he's dead

Devonmade

Allan Markham {date removed by mod} Easington Durham

John D Markham {date removed by mod} Easington Durham

Both with mother Elliott

Marriage of William Markham and Annie Elliott Jul-Aug-Sep 1918 Easington Durham
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 16-12-2014 at 4:37 PM. Reason: They might be alive

From the index of Scotlands People, your husband was registered in the next year (common with a December birth). It's too modern to download a copy, you need to buy a hard copy or do the fun thing and visit Edinburgh. It would give you the names of the parents plus the date/place of their marriage.
    For elimination, there is no Markham marriage in SP between 1954-1956.

Be careful, people, there's a lot of living people born in the 1920s, and our AUP doesn't allow the posting of details about living people. I'm going to have to do a bit of creative editing of Adel's post...

Thank you so much Peter!

Thank you so much for your kindness and consideration, Lesley. Greatly appreciated! / Anna

Thank you so much Megan! Fantastic work - and a huge help! x

Thank you again, Lesley - is there a way to send private messages (or provide an email address to these lovely people who are working so hard on this 'detective' case)? I wish I had caught the birth dates provided by 'Devonmade' (Adel?) for John D Markham, but so appreciate the need to remove them. You are carrying out a wonderful task!

Megan, I also believe that William Markham married a woman by the name of Cave in 1914...could he have been married twice? 1914 with Cave, and 1918 with Elliott? I guess this is where I would need to resort to finding the marriage certificates to find out.

Thank you again!

Just click on the author's name and you'll get a little list. Select "personal message" and it'll take you to the right screen. I think you'll be sent those dates.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by adesilva View Post
    Megan, I also believe that William Markham married a woman by the name of Cave in 1914...could he have been married twice? 1914 with Cave, and 1918 with Elliott? I guess this is where I would need to resort to finding the marriage certificates to find out.
    William Markham is quite a common name and it is quite possible that he was married more than once, but as you say you will only know that from the marriage certificate.

I have sent you a private message with more details.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast