Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Julia's nanny

Default marriage info for Page - Elliott wedding

Hello all I'm new to this site and I'm working on finding a marriage for Victor G Elliott and Betty Veronica Page in 1946 in Surrey England. I can use any help on the parents of the bride as well, they are Hilda Hutchinson and George Page. I have no other information on Hilda & George except for the names as of now and this is the line I want to know more about. Thank you in advance for any assistance that you can give me on this.

Brick wall demolition expert!

In order to find their father’s names you would have to order their marriage certificate, which can be done on line from: https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/Login.asp

You will need to say that it occurred in the Jul quarter of 1946. In the Surrey North Eastern district, and that the references are Volume 5G Page 964.

Each certificate cost £9.25. The indexes do not give parents names.

You would need their birth certificates to get their mother’s names. I took a quick look at the birth indexes and there are two possible births for Betty V Page; one in 1921 and one in 1928. If you are lucky the marriage certificate will give you their ages, or it might just say “of full age”. If it’s the latter then I would go for the 1921 birth.

Unfortunately there are lots of Victor G Elliotts.

Re Betty V Page, the 1928 Fulham birth has mother's name "Hutchison" (not Hutchinson).

This birth fits with the Dec 1927 marriage, Fulham, of a George A C Page and Hilda B Hutchison
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

georgiep

Hi and welcome to the forum. Betty V Page's birth is listed in FreeBMD dec qtr 1928 maiden Hutchinson Fulham district vol 1a Page 372.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiep View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Betty V Page's birth is listed in FreeBMD dec qtr 1928 maiden Hutchinson Fulham district vol 1a Page 372.

You do not know if that is the right Betty V - as per my post #2 there are two births which fit the bill, and only when her age is known will people be able to correctly identify her birth record.

Julia's nanny

Hi Megan Betty V Page was definitely born in 1928. If I can get more information of her that would be great. Thanks for all the help with this. Susan

Based on the wedding identified in post #3 - Hilda B Hutchison and George A.C. Page - Married Fulham 1927:

Hilda Beatrice Hutchison born 1910 Fulham – Birth indexes in 1910 do NOT give the mother’s maiden name.

Closest fit in the 1911 Census is : RG14PN5124 RG78PN227 RD79 SD2 ED4 SN28, in Brighton where Hilda Hutchison is shown as being aged 2, born in Greenwich, and living with her widowed mother Annie aged 39 and six siblings in her Uncle Henry Paynes’s house.

However, I think that you would need to get (a) the 1927 marriage certificate to give you her father’s name, and (b) the 1910 birth certificate to confirm whether or not it is the correct one based on her father’s name corresponding or otherwise with the marriage certificate. It would also tell you her mother’s name, and if it was “Annie Hutchison formerly Payne”, then you would know that the 1911 census above was correct.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    Based on the wedding identified in post #3 - Hilda B Hutchison and George A.C. Page - Married Fulham 1927:

Hilda Beatrice Hutchison born 1910 Fulham – Birth indexes in 1910 do NOT give the mother’s maiden name.

Closest fit in the 1911 Census is : RG14PN5124 RG78PN227 RD79 SD2 ED4 SN28, in Brighton where Hilda Hutchison is shown as being aged 2, born in Greenwich, and living with her widowed mother Annie aged 39 and six siblings in her Uncle Henry Paynes's house.

However, I think that you would need to get (a) the 1927 marriage certificate to give you her father's name, and (b) the 1910 birth certificate to confirm whether or not it is the correct one based on her father's name corresponding or otherwise with the marriage certificate. It would also tell you her mother's name, and if it was 'Annie Hutchison formerly Payne', then you would know that the 1911 census above was correct.
    I nearly fell into that trap too, Megan, but the age and birthplace made me look further.
    I think Hilda Beatrice Hutchison is the daughter of Mathew and Beatrice Hutchison living in Fulham in 1911. RG14 PN286 SN203
    Definitely Hutchison on the original schedule, correct on Ancestry, mis-transcribed on FMP. (I have advised FMP of their error.)

Pam

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Susan,

This thread is beginning to overlap with your query about the marriage of George A C Page and Hilda Hutchison
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/thr...utchinson-info

To avoid duplication of research I have locked that thread, and referred people to this thread.

Pam

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    You do not know if that is the right Betty V - as per my post #2 there are two births which fit the bill, and only when her age is known will people be able to correctly identify her birth record.
    Births Jun 1921
    Page, Betty V, mothers maiden name - Barnsley - Atherstone. Vol no 6d, Page no 1294.

Births Dec 1928
    Page, Betty V, mothers maiden name - Hutchison - Fulham. Vol no 1a, Page no 372.

We do know the 1928 this is the right birth in 1928 as mothers name is HUTCHISON

The 1921 Betty V mothers name is BARNSLEY so is the wrong one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast