magiruth

Default Dads Medals and Service Records

Hi
    I posted recently about my Dad Arthur Thomas Turner who was from Plymouth serving in WW2. Not knowing his Service Number or Regiment trying to find out more info. The photo of him with 3 others and on the back "Signals
    Troop 3rd Recce 1942" - I have been searching and I think maybe he was in the Territorial Army and thought maybe he was in 45th (Wessex) Infantry Division. Has anyone any info or idea if I can find out if he was in this division? I have looked up all his medals and he has 6 - Defence Medal (Sept 39-Sept 45): Campaign Medal (War Medal 39-45): Imperial Service Medal: 1939-1945 Star: Italy Star (June 43-May 45): Africa Star (June 40-May 43).
    Thanks a lot.

Hwllo
    Did you read the information in the Link Here that Lesley gave you in your other post re obtaining WW11 service records.

The form for ordering service records says * SERVICE NUMBER AND/OR DATE OF BIRTH MUST BE INCLUDED

So as I read it you don't need your dad's service number just his date of birth and his death certificate.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs