Starting to feel at home

Default Worminghall Wedding 1822

Two questions. Would a parish record of this date be likely to record parents' names?
    Secondly, if there's a chance they might, would anybody be willing to look-up the record for me?

I have two Sarah Edwards of similar age within a couple of miles of eachother. Correctly identifying the Sarah who married in 1822 should solve the mystery.

This wedding took place in Worminghall on 19 August 1822 between Sarah Edwards and James Sawyer.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Sharon

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Sharon,

I wouldn't say 'never' to your first question, but it is extremely unlikely in 1822.
    There is a space in the entry for a name to be written if either the bride or groom are minors, but it usually just says 'consent of parents', not 'consent of William and Sarah Brown, parents'.

I don't suppose the naming of any children of the marriage helps with possible names of Sarah's parents, does it?

Pam

Reputation beyond repute

You need to check from the marriage register that Sarah was indeed recorded as "of this parish" then the names of the witnesses may help you to identify which Sarah Edwards this was.

Wilkes_ml

If the marriage was by licence, and the bride was a minor, then there may be a chance of the parents named on the marriage licence application.

Reputation beyond repute

Yes indeed. It's always worth chasing up marriages by licence.