Thread: Guidance

Mandlkent

Default Guidance

hi, I am new to this! I have several photos of my father, who served in the East Surrey's and the Kings Africa Rifles in WWII.
    The question is, I have two photos taken throughout this period which detail other serving officers, names, ranks and regiments. I was wondering what would be the best way to see if any of these people 'survived' and if any of the relatives might like a copy of the photo?
    Also a photo of his orderly and 'personal servant' both named, I thought would be nice to try and trace!
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Martin

Hello Martin and welcome to the free British-Genealogy forums

I think you arrived here via the community link in FWR. We are not allowed to name possibly living people on our site (see the AUP) but I also think you may find some tips to help in your search on the uk veterans site Here

Have you also looked on CWGC site Here to see if any of the men did die in the war?
    If you do want to post one of the names we can take a look on sites such as ancestry and FMP (pay per view) and then there is Free BMD for births, deaths and marriages but they only go up to 1983.

I can only suggest that you post a name (the most distinctive) then we will first of all look for a death which may lead to birth and marriage of the person but any info of living descendants would have to be sent to you by private message(pm)

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs