Births Dec 1942
    Stanford David C J Mercer Tonbridge 2a 1929
    Births Mar 1944
    Stanford Peter W Mercer Maidstone 2a 2215
    Births Jun 1950
    Stanford Graham R Mercer Maidstone 5b 981
    Births Sep 1958
    STANFORD Alice K M MERCER Maidstone 5b 936

Haley, do you know anything about your mother's childhood? Was she raised by both her parents, or just her mum. Did she ever mention her father's occupation, did she have siblings who lived with her, grandparents or aunts and uncles who she knew?

traceywillow

Brazil and Beany are Romany names, my great grandmother Mercy Simpson nee Brazil (Romney marsh), had a daughter Sarry Anne (tunbridge wells) that married a Beany (Sittingbourne)

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

[QUOTE h=Hayley01;602453] Hi, im wondering if anyone can help me im trying to do my family tree its proving very hard and i have hit a brick wall, my grandad george stanford and his wife florence emily stanford were romany gypsies florences maiden name was chalfont and they had my mum rose stanford on the 14th may 1931 my mum place of birth was sandhill tonbridge rurall, were also related to the elliotts there was also a lady called pricilla elliot born 1st jan 1926 died 26th june 2008 who used to be called granny prissy she lived in cranbrook, were related to the turners also. william stanford is also a relitive and he drowned in tumbridge wells on the 15th feb in 1946 his father was also called george.there are also henry and paula stanford they have a daughter sophie they live in kent sophie is my 3rd cousin as is her sister lorraine, my grandads mum and dad were called bill and rose apparently bill was a school teacher. if anyone can help it would be much appreciated thanks for reading x[/QUOTE]

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello Annierose and welcome

You have copied the opening post of Hayley's, can we help you with this family?

janbooth

I think I can eliminate the death of the Florence Emily STANFORD in Chichester that Christina found in post 5 above, using the 1939 register wherein she is still single and her maiden name is BARNETT.

There is a Florence E STANFORD who is married living at Prospect Road Tunbridge Wells in the 1939 register along with 2 redacted records, but using the information given on her birth date this would appear to be a Florence Edna STANFORD who died in Tunbridge Wells in March 1984.

Like everyone else, I am not having much luck in finding any birth or marriage records for Florence Emily - so far.

Janet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123