merchantman

Default RNP2100 RMS St Helena HMS Brecon HMS Ledbury

On the 29th October last, I privately published 58 copies of the book detailed below.
    I served for 11 years in the RMS St. Helena, between 1979 and late 1992, including 13 months in the Falklands charter, 1982/83.
    Today, 15th November, only 11 copies remain, but more can be printed if the demand warrants it. The book is superbly illustrated in both colour and black and white images. Further details on my website: {url removed} RMS St. Helena in the Falkland Islands, 1982/83
    A4 size, card back. 142 Pages.
    Total of 160 illustrations, mainly photographs taken at the time.
    69 in colour. 91 in Black and white.
    This book is an expansion of the Falkland Islands Task Force chapter in a previous book written by myself. This volume contains some repeat images from the earlier book, but contains about 140 images that have never been published before!
    I have endeavoured to place photographs of everyone who was aboard for the initial mine-clearance charter (RNP2100) in the book. This includes all the officers, petty officers and ratings of both the Merchant Navy and the Royal Navy. Each book signed by author (myself)
    This was a "labour of love" more than anything else, as I wished to leave an accurate account of the Falklands service of my favourite ship, the passenger liner RMS St. Helena.
    All in all, I spent 32 years at sea in the British Merchant Navy, serving in most types of ship from collier to passenger liners
    Contents
    Introduction……………………………………………………………………3
    1. Plain Sailing………………………………………………………………. 5
    2. Requisitioned………………………………………………………………21
    3. The Voyage South…………………………………………………………37
    4. On Station………………………………………………………………….61
    5. The Happy Return…………………………………………………………89
    6. Ministry of Defence Transport Ship……………………..………………107
    7. Restoration and Postscript………………………………………………..135
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 15-11-2014 at 2:33 PM. Reason: removal of an active url. See our AUP.