Thread: RAF/RFC

Beverley1959

Default RAF/RFC

Can anyone help I have found my grandads ww1 record I think he enlisted in 1918 his service no is 176430 . I can't seem to find him on this website

Can anyone point me in the right direction ??

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Beverley1959

Hi

His name is Percy Frederick Ryan service no as above

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Having followed the links to the guides Robert gave in post #2, and then read (part of) them, I found Percy's record on Findmypast.
    If you don't already have a subscription to FMP then you may be able to get access to it at your local library, you can take a free fourteen day trial (though remember to cancel your continuing membership in plenty of time), or you can take out a month's subscription (make sure that you have non-automatic renewal ticked).

Alternatively, have we misread your original post?
    Was the record on FMP the one you found and you want to know if that Percy is actually your grandfather?
    I note that you talk of
    I can't seem to find him on this website
    I presume by that you mean Forces War Records. You are now posting on the British-Genealogy forum, which as its name suggests is connected with mainly family history queries. We're sponsored by FWR, and have military sub-forums amongst many others.

You will find that many different sites have many different records. There has yet to exist a site which has every military/genealogical/ecclesiastical/you-name-it record.

Pam

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi

Looking on Find My Past there are 2 sets of military records for him, at the main page put in his full name and birth and pick Great Britain. It also lists his death which is where I got his birth from. There is also a record for 1921 for the Merchant Navy and Maritime but I don't know if it is him or someone else (I am just doing a search, not looking at the records).
    The first 6 listed records may be for him.
    You can just get a 1 month subscription to look at them all, just remember to unsubscribe.

regards

Robert