Starting to feel at home

Default Warradein marriage - Great Synagogue

Ephraim Abraham Warradein & Rachel Samson van West married 5 June 1850.

I have the GRO Cert and the Synagogue Scribes record but these only give his father as Abraham Abrahams.

Does anyone have any Great Synagogue (or other) records that might give more detail as to this event or particularly his pedigree etc?

many thanks

Knowledgeable and helpful

sorry Abraham Abrahams is the only name down in the book of transcriptions for Great Synagogue that I have, however there is an Ephraim Abraham Warradien born Amsterdam 20th August 1823 father Abraham Warradein mother Rachael Heigmans.......there is a whole lot of info on a site called genealogieonline

Starting to feel at home

Thanks for your reply. My hope had been that the Great Synagogue records might have something more about Abraham so as to confirm the connection with the 'Warradein' family for which I have a lot of records - meanwhile it must remain circumstantial albeit strongly so. Thanks

I can tell you Ephrain had 2 brothers Israel and Alexander and 6 sisters Hanna, Marianna and Jeanette, Judic, Eva and Esther all born in Amsterdam..................his fathers name was actually Abraham Israel Warradijn born c 1798

Starting to feel at home

Thanks again. My records show there were 9 sisters - ie + Sara, Gezina & Debora. My belief at this stage is that Warradein/Warradijn was added to the patronymic around 1811 when Dutch Civil registration became the primary & legal requirement for BMD's and 'surnames' were required. Warradein also replace an earlier 'family name' which is the next level of research. Are you related to this family? I am through one of the daughters. regards

Hi
    no I am not related but having found Jewish ancestors on my hubbies side I have had a great time researching them and have a number of books on both Ashkenazi and Seraphadic births and marriages and found ways of finding the families but am still learning
    they have more than one name which I still struggle to get my little grey cells around.