aljw999

Default Hello all! Pleased to meet you!!

Hello all!

You can call me A! I first became interested in genealogy when I was in college in New England and many of the other students asked where I was from. My response was Texas but apparently they were meaning Italian, Irish, English, etc. I phoned my parents (they had no idea), I phoned my grandparents (they had no idea)... and thus, I was bitten by the bug. Majority of the names in the family don't offer much help - Smith, Anderson, Johnson, Lane, etc. I'm expecting quite a bit of English. Now almost 20 years later of on and off research, I've decided its time to make a push for some of the more challenging branches!

What brought me to this site was the search for info on Surville Jean de Baptiste De Lanois from the West Indies. Specifically, I believe the Island of Martinique. Hopefully, I'll be posting something about that shortly - just have to figure out how to properly use this site! It looks like I've happened upon a fantastic group of people who share in the joy and excitement that can only come from uncovering the juicy secrets of family history! (This is better than any soap opera could hope to be!)

- A

Welcome to British-Genealogy A

You are right about the soap opera our ancestors embroiled us in. Some of their antics wouldn't be believed if made into a film.

I think the exotic Surville Jean de Baptiste De Lanois compensates for the more mundane names of Smith, Anderson, Johnson and Lane and it is probably an even bet as to which will cause you the most trouble!

Take a look around the forums and pick the most suitable one for your first post but don't worry too much about where you post - a Mod can move it if we think it would do better in another spot. ( we have to keep in practice )

Yes we do love a challenge and feel particularly pleased when we can help others sort out their pesky ancestors. A lot of genealogy obsessives gathered in the one place!

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs