Thread: Hello from NZ

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hello from NZ

I've been researching the family history on and off for about 6 years focusing primarily on the Applefords of Middlesex, the Whites of Kent and the Nelmes of Gloucestershire with lots of other little forays into various branches because I just can't resist it. Have recently had a dabble into my husbands family tree as well looking at the surnames of Girling and Kinsman. Gradually filling in lots of gaps but as you all know it's a long slow process at times. I have a few brick walls to pursue at a later date and at least one blackhole from which no information seems to appear but no doubt there will be something, probably obvious, that I simply haven't thought of! Regards, Jane.

Hello Jane and welcome to British-Genealogy

There are many members on here who love attacking other people's brickwalls and are even willing to lower themselves in to blackholes to see what lies at the bottom.
    You seem to have found your way around the forums already which is great and I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Wilkes_ml

Hi and welcome

We all love a good challenge of knocking down other people's brick walls....it distracts us from banging our heads against our own ones for a while!!!