Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scouse007

Default Thomas Murray 1847 and Sarah Hyslop 1854

Hi
    My Uncle and my mother when she was alive thought my Grandfather Thomas (above)mariner was born in Scotland because he had a strong Scottish accent, I have found he was born in Liverpool or I have made a mistake somewhere...I believe his Father who was born in Scotland Stewart Murray 1811 married to Isabella Anderson 1817 lived and both was born in Sorbie Scotland, I believe shortly after Thomas and possible siblings Robert Leech and James while residing at Thomas street in Liverpool were born they moved back to Scotland following his father whom had gone back to Scotland,,,I know Thomas appears to move back to Liverpool and Marries his Scottish girlfriend in 1872 , 1881 census he is aboard a ship "Spitfire" and his wife Sarah in Thomas St Liverpool with son Thomas, in 1891 his brother in law Thomas also a mariner and his mother in law have joined them...By 1901 he had lost his mother in law and his wife and Thomas and his children , James Sarah and Thomas had moved in with his other son John and his family, John couldnt cope and had them leave, I know what goes on from then......When did Thomas go back to Scotland for certain another researcher questions that Stewart Murray had married Isabella Anderson my research on Scotlands people I can only find a marriage banns for Stewart and Isabella on 15 July 1836...Am I wrong please help.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I struggled to understand what you were trying to establish, however

Liverpool, St Peter
    Thomas MURRAY
    b 12 February 1847
    bp 24 February
    Parents Stewart & Isabellla MURRAY of Thomas Street mariner

I can see by 1871 Isabella & son James 20 & grandson Stewart MURRAY aged 4 ( born Scotland 1867) & a niece Sarah HILL 33 were at 7 Back St Wigtownshire Scotland

Just cannot see her on the 1861 census

Have you explored the other family members & do you know who the parents o the grandson Stewrt b 1867 are?

as an aside: My neighbour of 90 told me her grandfather had a Scots accent, turns out he was a scouser thro'n thro!

scouse007

Will put together the info of Stewarts parents and other I have in the morning.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

We will await your comments

scouse007

Hi
    This is what I have of Stewart Family,
    Parents of AnnBogie

James Bogie 1756 Midlothian Scotland
    Isabella Stewart 1758 Midlothian Scotland
    Parents Of Stewart

Ann Bogie 1773 Midlothian Scotland
    Andrew Murray 1776 Midlothian Scotland

William 1806
    James 1808
    STEWART 1811
    Jean 1813
    Charlotte Murray 1814

Stewart Marries Isabella Anderson in Scotland and comes to Liverpool ...

scouse007

I have Stewart living alone in 1861 in Rose street Midlothian alone, I dont know the death of Isabella, she must have died beteen the census's 1851 and 1861., I am trying to establish I have gone back from Thomas Murray down his fathers line Stewart, another researcher in the family is unsure if I am going in the right direction, I am sure I am going in the correct direction, she mentions , Isabella Anderson who married Stewart Murray , could her surname be Rannie, (dont know where this comes from.)

Wilkes_ml

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post

Just cannot see her on the 1861 census
    Was Isabella born Sorbie? I found Isabella aged 43 with 10 year old son James at High Street, Sorbie Garlieston, Wigtownshire no refernce given on FMP index except Enumeration District 2!

scouse007

Sorry I had to pop out ...I have found Sarah to be born in Sorbie, but not have any proof in way of certs, I have Sarah Murray nee Hyslop in Liverpool in 1891 aged 37 Her mother who joins her with her brother also Thomas ,... I have the Marriage cert of Sarah and Thomas but it doesn't tell you were she was born,

scouse007

Name: Sarah Hyslop
    Birth Date: 13 Dec 1854
    Birth Place: Sorbie, Wigtown, Scotland
    Father: William Hyslop
    Mother: Mary Ann Rainy
    FHL Film Number: 1068041, 0102356

scouse007

Name: Sarah Murray
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1854
    Registration Year: 1896
    Registration Quarter: Apr-May-Jun
    Age at Death: 42
    Registration district: West Derby
    Parishes for this Registration District: View Ecclesiastical Parishes associated with this Registration District
    Inferred County: Lancashire
    Volume: 8b
    Page: 292
    I believe this is the death of Sarah Murray Nee Hyslop as she is not with her family in 1901, Thomas became a scaffolder and story had it he had an accident falling from the roof of Lyme st Station while working on the roof, after losing his wife he moved in with his son and after the accident he ended up in the work house where he diedwhen he went into the workhouse his two youngest children were sent to Barnardo's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast