ValentineGirl

Red face Hello from Canada - glad I found this website

Hello everyone,

I'm new to geneology in terms of searching documents and tracing my family tree - but I've always been into preserving old photos, documents and stories. In fact, I've got such a passion for family and legacy's that I became a scrapbooker, photographer and then professional 'photo preservationist', I help others organize and digitize their family photos and documents. It's my job and it's my passion.

I'm currently using Ancestry website to put together my tree and trying to find my great grandfathers John Cory's family who came to Canada as at 16. However it seems most of my ancestors on both sides of my family originated in England... so I'll probably be looking for others once I get as far as I can with my 'missing' Cory family.

Are there other websites for other countries similar to this one? I have one leg of german family as well but I find it difficult to find anything because I don't speak german

I live in Alberta, Canada - and I'm happy to help others if they need research done here in Canada

Thank you!

A very warm welcome to British-Genealogy Valentine Girl

Your passion in preserving old photos, documents and stories shines through the words on the page.

There are many members who will be only too happy help you sort out your Cory family, so take a look around the forums, choose the one that seems most suitable and tell us all you know so far and what it is you are wanting to find.

I have trouble speaking English let alone German but there is a website Cindy's list which has links to sites in many countries. You could also try using a search engine and just typing in 'German genealogy' or words similar to that and see what comes up. Also google has a facility for translating text - google it If you type 'translating web pages' in to a search engine you will get other sites which do the samething.

See you around the forums.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs