Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Will the records help, if I find them?

I've found (in Westminster Archives) a note of a Henry Toomes aged 46 years old who died in the St. Clement Danes workhouse which was in Portugal Street, Westminster. I'm researching Henry Toombs who married a Sarah on 5th September 1815 in St. Clement Danes, Middlesex. There is no further trace (that I can find) of Henry so I'm assuming he died before 1837 records and the 1841 census. Does anyone know if the workhouse records are on line and whether they would give any further/better information to confirm he is mine?

'My Henry' was probably a baker as that appears on the marriage certificate of his son.

Thanks.

janbooth

Audrey,

I am assuming from your post that you are not the owner of a Family Tree on Ancestry regarding Henry TOOMBS who married a Sarah CHERRY at St Clement Danes in 1815. This Family Tree has images of several primary source documents including baptismal records of children, his marriage record, and an application for Poor Relief dated 1829. It also has an image of his Death record in 1832. This Henry TOOMBS is shown as a Baker so it would appear very possible that he is your Henry.

If you can access Ancestry, I think it would definitely be worth your while to compare what you know with the information on the Tree and then maybe contact the owner. If you cannot, let me know and I will give you the information contained in the Tree.

Janet
    Last edited by janbooth; 21-10-2014 at 8:53 AM. Reason: Additional info

Knowledgeable and helpful

Well, that's odd. I do have a tree on Ancestry and I was the one who found the 1815 marriage and Poor Relief application and sent it to someone I was in touch with at the time! I hadn't spotted the death record with the reference of baker so I'll have to go and have another look. Clearly, I'm out of touch/not paying enough attention! If I can't identify the particular tree I'll come back to you, please.

(I have, of late, become a bit circumspect about using information from other trees as one bit of mis-information can go round and round and pop up everywhere.)