grandmasheila

Default Mention in Despatches

Between 1952 and 1954 my father George Walmsley-Moss was serving in the RAF in Singapore in the Signals.
    After his death I found that he had been MiD on 4th May 1954. I have not been able to find out why although I have contacted many organisations who have been very helpful but to no avail.
    I wonder if anyone can help me find out ?????
    Sheila

Google "The London Gazette" - searchable (free) on line.

There are several mentions re "Wamlsley-Moss" - inc. a mention for gallantry 30 April 1954 (pages 2617/2618)

(Use search key "walmsley moss" - including the inverted commas " ")
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

grandmasheila

I do have the copy of the entry in the London Gazette, thanks, but I am still unable to find out why he was awarded the MiD. I also have his medal with the bar and leaf on it. I seem to have been going round in circles for about 2 years now to no avail, so any help would be gratefully received. I have also joined the Singaporites but again no details and no one has come forward as knowing him in Singapore.
    Thanks for your help
    Sheila

Reputation beyond repute

You asked this question in another thread and I posted an answer there. Please don't double-post.

grandmasheila

Sorry but I do not seem to be able to post a reply on the other thread. Perhaps you could tell me how to do it ??
    In answer to who posted some details to me, I hired a researcher at the National Archives in Kew and all they came back with was the London Gazette, which I already have.