Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1900 US census
    Omaha Ward 4 Nebraska
    John Barron born Dec 1857 age 42 Travelling Freight Agent, born Canada of Scottish parents. Immigrated 1875
    Adelaide L Barron 38 Born April 1861 in Nebraska Both parents born Ireland
    Alexander T Barron 9
    John C S Barron 5
    Adelaide S Barron 15
    Sehha Mccarthy 68 Mother-in-law born March 1832 In Ireland of Irish parents. Widow who had 5 children in her marriage 3 still living.

Sehha is a mistranscription on ancestry but the original image clearly says Letitia.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Yes this one is them - Adelaide is the eldest (known) child. We've never discovered who the 5th was, only found 4 so far (Adelaide, John, Henry, and William). John died when a young adult, so that is the second one.

I have a letter written by Letitia dated 1901 mailed from the Omaha address so I know her death had to have been later than that. The findagrave I found gives 1905 but no specific date/place which is part of what I'm hoping they have on file, especially for William H's 1868 death as there my not be any kind of death cert to order.

Forgot to say I have moved this thread to Brickwalls which seemed the simplest place to move it.
    And added a little to the title "1851 census and Wm McCarthy to be found"

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

ah good - thanks - I knew it didn't belong in the census thread anymore once we got the details going

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Just popped in to see if the 'day shift reported for duty' pleased to say Chris did!

Letitia S. Bulfin
    mentioned in the record of Adelaide Louise Barron
    Name: Letitia S. Bulfin
    Birthplace: Ireland
    Husband: William H. Mccarthy
    Child: Adelaide Louise Barron
    Other information in the record of Adelaide Louise Barron
    from Illinois Deaths and Stillbirths
    Name: Adelaide Louise Barron
    Event Date: 01 Jan 1947
    Event Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
    Birth Year (Estimated): 1861
    Birth Date: 17 Nov 1860
    Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan
    Father's Name: William H. Mccarthy
    Father's Birthplace: Ireland
    Mother's Name: Letitia S. Bulfin
    Mother's Birthplace: Ireland
    Residence Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
    Spouse's Name: John F.
    Burial Date: 04 Jan 1947
    Burial Place: Chicago, Cook, Ill.
    Cemetery: Oakwoods
    Digital Folder Number: 4005426 , Image Number: 180 , GS Film number: 1991464 , Reference ID: Vol1 cn162

Is the the date of entrry into the USA for Letitia & her sister Mary Ann?

Pennsylvania, Philadelphi...er Lists Index, 1800-1906

31/08/1852

Letita BULFIN aged 18 years

natioanality Ireland

accompanied by Mary Ann

Ship TONAWANDA

Port of entry Philadelphia?

Sister was aged 16

above is on familysearch

https://www.immigrantships.net/v13/18...a18520422.html

yes that is the record we found too - hoping with having the sister's name to be able to cross ref it to find their parents. Bulfin doesn't seem very common a name.

Yes, the Illinois death record for Adelaide is correct. I am hoping to find her dad's and hoping it includes accurate birth information.

I finally got through with the cemetery where Letitia is buried - They don't have a record of having her William buried there. It's possible he died before that cemetery was opened. What I can't figure out is why they went through the trouble of moving her there - she apparently died in Wyoming (a 1200 mile trip give or take) which in 1905 must have been quite an undertaking. Their son is buried in the same cemetery though so that might have to do with it, but where is William? ahhh.. time to keep looking. I have not had a chance to try finding Mary Ann to see if any of her records might be more helpful.

I've found a little bit more information about William H to add to the conversation. I've come to believe William had a sister who used the name Page/Paige. The family I originally found in the 1851 census referenced above doesn't mention a Page, however if she was an older sister she may have already married by that time, so that didn't eliminate that record as a possible match. It's also possible Page was a nick/middle name, in which case I'm going to be at a loss. I have looked at familysearch and a few other freebie places, but I can't find a Page. If she had indeed married, she may be impossible to find, but overall in older records as more and more come online, maybe I'll finally see her and find a connection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12