Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

# 7
    Franks address on the marriage certificate it say Torquay Road Kingskerswell
    The news article states he built a house for himself....what is interesting is that if he owned the land & property how he was declared bankrupt, he arguied he had the assetts just not the cash!

Have you tried Land Registry?

Geneius

I hadn't picked up on that about the land, but he must have lost everything the last newspaper clipping is a warrant for his arrest over his bankruptcy and then nothing he just walks out and never comes back, its what happens after were did he go I cant find a death in this country for FRA, since your last post I am thinking did he just go to America but again I cant find a match for him traveling anywhere, even with the dates listed in the paper

Peanut

Knowledgeable and helpful

Have you tried looking for him in the USA in 1940 census? A* has this, I believe, which you could access through the public library if you don't have a subscription. pwholt

Frank Richard Ainsworth born about 1897 cant find a birth
    I question this statement!

Re visiting newspaper items and in the one dated 30 January 1930 he states amongst other things....he was an ex soldier in the building trade before 1914, he came back to England in 1922 as an agent for wireless accesoiries and started a s a builder in 1926 in Bovey Tracey....

In 1914 FRA would be 17.....in 1922 he would be 25 is this realistic? I suspect he is older.

What age was his bride?

BORN?

1914 worked as building contractor in USA

1914 Arrived UK and enlisted in the Army

1918 Demobobilized

1918 returned to USA

1922 Returned UK as agent for Wirless Access

1926/1927 worked as 'jobbing building Cont'

1928 Frank Richard Ainsworth building contractor married in Oswestry,

1929 Birth of child Oswestry

1929 July/ Aug went away in car??

1929 July returning from Nottingham reported November 1 incident with Cushion

1929 Bankruptcy filed case no 35

1930 January 1st hearing & public examintion

1930 May 7th proposes a dividend 5s in the £

1930 May 9th applied exeter County Court for discharge

1930 June 10 Creditors needed to file proof of claim & intended dividend

1931 September 2nd Dog incident

1932 MAy 4th Owen Edgar COLE / Stanley Thomas COLE / James Arthur William MORGAN as Plaintiffs issue a summonse in connection with Plot 12

1932 June 14 Receiving order no 22/1932

1932 June 23 Hearing & Receiving Order

1932 September 2 Warrant issued for arrest FRA for non appearance in Court

Frank Richard Ainsworth born about 1897 cant find a birth
    There is a photo of a gravestone for a Frank R Ainsworth on the findagrave site Here

It says born 27 March 1897 died 16 Feb 1970. A Private in the US army WW1

Buried at Daytona Memorial Park Florida. The details for contacting them s/be on there

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

You probably need to check the 1900 & 1910 US Census and immigration records particularly the years 1914 / 1918/1922 & 1932 between the UK & USA

Chris, still not convinced that he was born as late as 1897 and by 1914 aged 17 had held down a job as a Building Contractor in the US

I did note that his father in law was the Borough Surveyor living in Oswestry, one article mentions living on his wife;s money! The job could have proved useful in obtaining planning permission to build in Torquay!

( Haven't got a worldwide subsc at present)

Hi

GENEIUS
    Thank you Geneius for putting everything in order for me I have printed this off and it makes things easier for me to follow his coming and goings, can I ask were would I find emigration records I only have a basic subscription, and nothing coming up, yes the father in law did get me thinking also the father in law could have stopped the cash flow. what also has me stumped were is FRA father he doesn't seem to exist

CHRISTANEL
    Also can I ask about the grave find from Christanel what a good find but would FRA be in the American Army if he was discharged as so badly unfit from the British Army.

I am checking the American census but so far no luck, I have found FA but all are married men lord I hope he wasn't a bigamist as well I will try to find more about that grave

thank you everyone you really are helping unravel this mystery man

Peanut

lord I hope he wasn't a bigamist as well
    Best laugh of the day BUT a possibility! A can of worms coming out of the land.........

Sometime it helps to have a timeline to see where you are going, I note that mother & child were in Oswestry & he was in Torquay, however he seemed to get around the country, which could be an indication he KNEW the UK!

He could drive and had the use of a car, suggested he had money...oh every girls dream ?????

When you say he disappeared, presumably the wife & child were abandoned in 1932 /1933, is there a maintenance order? Did wife return to her family....every time you get a snippet of info it opens more avenues

Emigration records are on line at Ancestry & FMP both offer a 14 day period as a tempter, each has PAYgo for records remember to cancel your credit card details if your not staying!!!!

https://discovery.nationalarchives.go...ils/r/D1649284

This is for a Richard F AINSWORTH

# 19Should have added try your local library

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12