Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Araminta

May have to concede that they are different people. The same page of a register from 1692 lists under baptisms, Margreat, dau of William Windsor of Alpraham on June 7th and under burials, John son of William Winsor of Beeston on June 1st. (spelling difference present on register)

Sorry for yet another post, but if others were going to have a go at it, at least this should have saved time.

Araminta

It's a shame it's not possible to edit posts for longer rather than making new ones to update. George is mentioned in the wills of both Wm (1719) and Mary (1752) now I read them closely, as are Thomas, John and Mary, children I thought probably belonged to a different William Windsor. With names like those it's not impossible they were duplicated in the area and around the same age, but...
    There are also some other children in both, and grandchildren and marriages mentioned in Mary senior's will. Some of the names are duplicated among the next couple of generations.

Don't know why a few reg entries would say they were from Alpraham not Beeston, but the will seems mch more coherent as evidence.

So it's mostly the other 3 lines that need help now. There may not be much more to be done with these Winsors as the registers are inevitably and frustratingly sparse that far back. Was there little obligation or pressure to register back then, and it became more normal as time wore on, even before laws came in? Or is it an issue of physical survivial of records?

An website about Bunbury says this: "A census of 1640 shows the parish contained no fewer than 112 recusants - illegal Catholics in a Protestant nation." Is this census available anywhere online?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Sorry for yet another post, but if others were going to have a go at it, at least this should have saved time.
    I thought the post was for the FARRELL family and maybe the family she married into!

The query them became about different records available on different sites

The request then changed to a whole list of forenames /surnames that to me didnot appear to relate to the original enquiry..... too much going on in one thread

So it's mostly the other 3 lines that need help now.
    Maybe collecting your thoughts and posting individual posts related to a family surname maybe more productive and hopefully will attract a few more 'researchers' to dip in and have a try you cfan cross reference them byu copying the .

I know there is a wealth of information on line related to Cheshire, it is knowing where to look for it and if all else fails as in my research an organised trip to Chester RO could prove very fruitful

J

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123