Starting to feel at home

Default Solomon Isaacs/Esther Abrahams marriage

Solomon Isaac's (of 4 Gravel Lane, Houndsditch) 2nd wife, Jane Abrahams died 9 June 1870. He then married her sister, Esther Abrahams, but as this was illegal at that time in England it is believed they married in Holland, from where the Abrahams originated, around 1873. As Jews were forced to take surnames in Holland in 1811 (previously using patronyms) her surname may be different, possibly Warradein

I have searched the 10yr index tables on FamilySearch for Amsterdam (her home town), and Rotterdam and 's-Gravehage (The Hague) where there were also sizeable Jewish communities, and then the possible records - all to no avail.

Does anyone have any clues, please.

During the 1880's the Isaacs appear a number of times in the JC. Might an announcement have been made around 1873? Can anyone do a look-up?

I've checked the UK records just in case the assumption is wrong but nothing.

thanks

I have looked in The Jewish Victorian. Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1871-80 transcribed and edited by Doreen Berger, 1999 Publisher Robert Boyd but there is no reference to the marriage. The entries are from The Jewish Chronicle or the Jewish Record. The Death of Jane Isaacs ( which you already have)is recorded in the Berger 1861-70 volume published in 2004- Death 9.6.1870 at 4 Gravel Lane Houndsditch in her 35th year, beloved wife of Solomon Isaacs with later thanks for condolences from Solomon Isaacs,Mrs Abrahams mother, Miss Abrahams sister.
    Phillip

Starting to feel at home

Many thanks Phillip, your efforts, as always, much appreciated. I have another related question concerning the Abrahams but will ask on a seperate thread

regards