Harpalyce76

Post No matches - very frustrating!

I am looking for more info about both my paternal and maternal grandfathers on here but can find no matches to either.
    J A Miles was in 16/5 queens own lancers in Africa and injured during a tank battle before being repatriated for treatment and then sent back as a driver in France late in the war I think.
    B J Coleman I have no regiment for and no idea where he served although I think he may have been in India from family stories and believe he must have enlisted in Birmingham area.
    Does anyone have any advice what I do now?
    Thanks
    Sarah

A fountain of knowledge

Hello, I am going to guess that you are looking for WWII records?

Welcome to the British Genealogy forum.

FWR (in common with any other sites) doesn't have access to service records for this period as they are still held only by the MOD.
    FWR however do have over 1 million other records such as POWs, casualty lists, mentions in despatches, gallantry awards etc -as those are in the public domain.
    The FWR tutorials do also show all of this and a little more to help with specific research -you can see those from the main FWR site pages.

The only way you will get service records is by applying directly to the MOD via the Veterans-uk website which is their portal and has all of the forms etc.