Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brian S

I would say the Camp Details in the Document was more accurate than in the Escape Report Bob.
    The 2nd 3 being in ink casts great doubt on the Detail being 33.

I believe all those in the PG 106 Work Details came from PG57 Grupignano, and I also think the same applies to PG 107.

BobKerr

It's interesting to think you would put less weight in the Escape Report. Though, maybe the comments made on earlier posts help understand why this is the case.

I've just about thrown in the towel regarding the numbers of the 2 camps mentioned by Brin. It might well have been that the first camp was known as Carpeneto (pick your own spelling) and the second camp some (many / all) of the men moved to in late July / early August, was linked to Carpeneto in some manner. In the document the author offers the name Bennino as the camp he moved to in early August, which I don't see on your Pegasus list or can find on google Maps.

All that I read and see supports your view that the men sent to PG 106 Vercelli came from PG57 Grupignano; by train on 25.5.43. I have no knowledge of PG 107. It outside my remit, my focus is on Brin and, maybe, one or two circles outside him.

While not giving up on this piece, I'm beginning to think about where Brin spent his time in Switzerland and what he did. More to come on this later with a new thread.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12