Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    bleazo

Unhappy John William Allen Hall

Hi I am trying to find what happened to John William he was born 1895 in South Australia.went to war 1914 then met Doris A. Wylde in Manchester and they married in 1917 they went on to have 4 children .He didn't return to Australia I somehow think the marriage broke down because I can only find one descendant and they know nothing of him except he died in his mid 50's. on Doris's death certificate (1978)he is listed as deceased and was an interior decorator?? I know this is a gigantic brick wall but I would just like to know when he died and where he might be buried.
    one of his sons William Allen did the same thing during & after WW2 went to Canada met and married there, also didn't return to U.K. but as with his father I don't know where he lived/died as I said a giant brick wall.
    Regards bleazo

Was he still in Manchester at your last known sighting of him?

Did you intend to post this under Lincolnshire? If you'd like the message moved to another forum, please ask.

Growing old Disgracefully

4 Births for Hall, mothers name Wylde
    Births Sep 1918
    Hall Audrey R Wylde Chorlton 8c 976

Births Dec 1919
    Hall James W Wylde Dudley 6b 1990

Births Jun 1923
    Hall John T Wylde Dudley 6b 1704
    Hall Mary E Wylde Dudley 6b 1704

No birth for son Willim Allen (thats not to say there isn't one)

there is this birth but I think this is the Child of Charles Hall and Emily Wylde

Marriages Jun 1910
    HALL Charles Bromsgrove 6c 587
    WYLDE Emily Bromsgrove 6c 587

Births Sep 1911
    HALL Benjamin Wylde Dudley 6c 120

janbooth

I don't know if you already have full details of their marriage, but in case not, courtesy of Ancestry's Manchester Parish Records, here they are:

25 October 1917 at Cheetham Parish Church of St Luke John William Allen HALL, aged 22, bachelor, Spirit Tester, 20 Esmond Road, Cheetham, father George HALL, Blacksmith, & Doris Annie WYLDE, aged 18, spinster, 35 Ladybarn Lane, Ladybarn, father Alfred WYLDE, Gardener. Witnesses: Alfred DICKENSON, Florence WYLDE & Caroline FAIRHURST.

Janet

Name well known on Brit-Gen

St Luke Cheetham

25*October 1917

By Licence

John William Allen HALL 22 Bach Spirit Tester 20 Esmond Road father George HALL Blacksmith

Doris Annie WYLDE 18 Spinster 35 Ladybarn Lane Ladybarn Alfred WYLDE Gardener

W: Alfred DICKENSON/Florence WYLDE / Caroline FAIRHURST ( Doris's 2 sisters)

Interesting as the distance between the addresses given is approx 6 miles and a contrast of areas Ladybarn Lane is still standing!

There are 7 marriages for a John W A Hall on ancestry, your blokes is the first one. The last one is in June 1969. I am trying to make the point that there is more than one John W A Hall out there

There are also 4 deaths given between 1916 and 2007. Only this one has a birth 1895

John W A Hall
    Birth about 1895
    Date of registered Dec 1/4 1968
    Age at death -73
    Registration district - Northampton, Northamptonshire
    vol 3b page 627

I know this bloke is aged 73 at death but memories can be wrong. it does tally as J W A being deceased on Doris death certificate.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

janbooth

Perhaps another birth registration for one of their children in the June qtr 1822 at Oldham, Lancashire, mother's maiden name WYLD. I won't put her name just in case she is still living, but you can look this one up for yourself.

This may just be a clue, given the address and occupation, of where John W A HALL is from the 1929 Kelly's Directory of Manchester, Stockport & suburbs:

HALL Jn W Painter, 35 Ladybarn La W

However, I can't find him in any other directory under John William or John W or J W in Manchester either before or after 1929.

Will keep looking.

Janet

Must learn to type quicker!!!

Births Dec 1919
    Hall James W Wylde Dudley 6b 1990

Births Jun 1923
    Hall John T Wylde Dudley 6b 1704
    Hall Mary E Wylde Dudley 6b 1704

No birth for son Willim Allen (thats not to say there isn't one)

there is this birth but I think this is the Child of Charles Hall and Emily Wylde

Marriages Jun 1910
    HALL Charles Bromsgrove 6c 587
    WYLDE Emily Bromsgrove 6c 587

Births Sep 1911
    HALL Benjamin Wylde Dudley 6c 120
    Not convinced these are the same family...I can see a Charles Allen HALL b 1920 recorded Didsbury area of Manchester which is OK for Ladybarn!( LancashireBMD.org.uk )

Is this your Doris HALL?

Doris A Hall
    Date of Birth 6 Aug 1900
    DEPARTURE Montréal, Québec, Canada
    ARRIVAL: 15 May 1959 - Liverpool, England
    VIA Montreal

Residence given as Stockport Road W Timperley, travelled with Marjorie b 1922 & a couple of grandchildren

Decided #9 maybe the correct family if

Charles Allen HALL b 1920 married

1942 HALL Charles Allen HINTON Marjorie Levenshulme South, St. Andrew Manchester

2 children both born Manchester female HALL 22/03/1944 / male born Manchester 04/04/1947 checks out with brith records on ancestry

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast