Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bleazo

Thank You Janet the family had planned on living in Canada I believe but didn't work out but it seems Charles had to leave later than the others don't know why or where it was in Canada they had been living possibly they went to live same place as the elusive William Allen. hmmm
    bleazo

bleazo

hi Again I have tried Lancashire BMD hoping to find John William but no record also cemetery, perhaps he moved to a different part of the U.K.
    I had no idea that was such a popular name until I started the search so really just don't know where to search now any suggestion gladly appreciated bleazo

Quote Originally Posted by bleazo View Post
    Thank You Christina I have looked at the John W.A. Hall you mentioned but unfortunately the A is for Andrew I did have the same thought about memories not always being correct
    Regards bleazo
    Hi
    how did you find out that the middle initial A is for Andrew for this death registration?
    It becomes even more difficult to sort out a possible death if only John W Hall is used!
    He is deceased on his wife's death reg which either means he was dead or the informant believed him to be so. So many ifs and buts.
    None of his children/grandchildren knew him or knew of him?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

bleazo

Hello Christina thank you for your reply A very distant relation in Australia had gotten the death certificate so we knew it was Andrew
    The only grandchild of John William said she had never met him but remembers her late father saying his Father died in his mid 50s and was pleased once he himself passed that age living to his 80s but that is all that was known of the man unfortunately anyone else that may have known his life have all passed on. I know not much to go on is it. bleazo
    p.s. love your quotes

Name well known on Brit-Gen

er late father saying his Father died in his mid 50s and was pleased once he himself passed that age
    I remember growing up and hearing family members say that!

The family appear to have moved N of Manchester, Doris returning at some point S of Manchester & her roots

Could this be the death entry

John A W Hill
    Birth Date: abt 1895
    Date of Registration: Mar 1944
    Age at Death: 49
    Registration district: Bolton
    Inferred County: Lancashire
    Volume: 8c
    Page: 359

bleazo

Thank You once again I do appreciate your giving me so much time trying to find John I will see what I can come up with regarding John Hill you never know someone not related could have done the registration or such so today I will be on the BIG search with this idea regards Lorraine (bleazo)

bleazo

Hello Geneius I tried looking up John.A.W.Hill pretty sure it's not him looking at probates and death and Ancestry Trees I think I can discount that option which is a shame so it's back to the grindstone for me again.Thank you for your idea it could have worked could't it bleazo

janbooth

Lorraine,

Given that the family seems to be largely based in the Manchester area and that John was shown as John W HALL in the 1929 Kelly's Directory, there is a death registration in March 1954 at Manchester reg district of a John W HALL, aged 59, which would give an approximate birthdate of 1895. Can't find this particular John W HALL on the Probate Calendar, although there is a John William HALL who died in November 1954 in Hulme, so could be worth further investigation on your part.

Janet

bleazo

Thank You Janet, I will follow up these leads and see what I can find out hopefully I can report a YEAH !!

Lorraine

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Brilliant Janet it is the correct one!!!

Check out https://www.burialrecords.manchester.gov.uk/

There is a John W HALL bu 24 March 1954 EEConsecrated1633 AND in the same plot

Mrs Andrey Robina Maher bu 20 January 1955 note spelling of forenames to gain access s/b (Audrey Rubina MAHER nee HALL his daughter)

This is a pay to view site,GBP £12 to access 4 burial records which will give the age and address ata which they died, ( if Nell Lane = Withington Hosp)

Plan of cemetery, scroll down to southern....

https://www.manchester.gov.uk/downloa...torium_grounds

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast