jenlouise

Default emma gustafa levi b1860 cheshire

Emma Gustafa Levi was born 1860 Cheshire the problem i am having is i have parents as Louis/Lewis Levi and Mary Ann Rowland and i have the marriage for her parents also,i have been sent a message stating what i have is wrong and Louis/Lewis Levi married Mary Ann Runchman which i cannot find the record for i would be grateful if anyone could tell me if my records are wrong and also where the Gustafa name has came from as its know where else in my tree

Kind Regards
    jenlouise

Wilkes_ml

Did you send them the correct year and Reference? FreeBMD has March Quarter 1851 at St. James (Westminster) registration District Ref: I 93

sorry , I read it as if the GRO said you had it wrong, but as you say you have the marriage, is it another researcher saying you are wrong? If so, then explain your evidence i.e. Birth certificate of Emma which gives maiden name as ROWLAND, and marriage certificate of Lewis LEVI & Mary ANN ROWLAND

Wilkes_ml

I assuming you do have the Birth Certificate of Emma Gustava LEVI, if not then you need to look at your evidence that leads you to Emma Gustava LEVI, and get her birth certificate if she is indeed the person you are interested in.

Unfortunately, we cannot tell if your records are wrong, unless you give us information you already have regarding the family. I.e information from certificates and census etc.

The Gustava name could just be a name that the parents liked, it doesn't have to be anywhere else in the family.

Growing old Disgracefully

Emma Gustifue Levi
    1860 - Sep qtr
    Stockport

Volume: 8a
    Page: 54

this will give you both parents names

You all beat me to it

Is it possible that Runchman (jewish) could be a different way of pronouncing Rowland (tring to say it in a nice way and not doing a very good job of it)

Wilkes_ml

There is the possibility that RUNCHMAN is on the birth certificate of one of the othere children (if they had any) , and ROWLAND was entered by mistake on the marrige certificate. Or the mistake was on the birth certificate, as I had 4 children's birth certificates to the same parents ( I still haven't found the marriage of the parents!) on two births, the fathers name was Isaac, the other two it was William.

On one the mothers name was Caroline CORNWALL, the other Caroline CORNELL, the other CONWELL, only the last certificate I bought gave her name as Caroline CORNWELL late BULL....so the moral of that story is that it is very easy for a distant relative decended form a sibling could end up with different information if they only purchased ONE certificate!

Take a look at this I found

Marriages Mar 1853
    COHEN Catherine St Luke 1b 651
    DAVIDSON Isaac St Luke 1b 651
    Levy Louis St Luke 1b 651
    RUNCHMAN Mary Ann Rotherhithe 1b 651
    SIMMONS Amelia St Luke 1b 651

Found a Louis & Amelia on the Census so that lets that one out

Marriages Mar 1853
    BOND Emma Elizabeth Rotherhithe 1d 651
    FERRIER Charles Anderson Rotherhithe 1d 651
    KAY Martin Rotherhithe 1d 651 S
    KUNCHMAN Mary Ann Rotherhithe 1d 651
    RAY Martin Rotherhithe 1d 651
    RUNCHMAN Mary Ann Rotherhithe 1d 651

This the last 4 people are the same 2 people Mary Ann Runchman & Kunchman and Martin Kay & Ray

could this be where the other person got their info from
    Will look and see if I can find them on the census

jac65

Hi

CheshireBMD has the mothers maiden name for Emma Gustafa Levi as ROWLAND. Lewis Levi and Mary Ann Rowland married 6th January 1851 St James Westminster parish Church, the image clearly states ROWLAND. Her father was Henry ROWLAND.

The person who contacted you has assumed the Louis Levi and Mary Ann Runchman married because, according to FreeBMD, they are on the same page but Mary Ann Runchman has been transcribed incorrectly. The Vol should be 1d and not 1b, she actually married Martin Ray at St Mary, Rotherhithe 1st January 1853. The image is online.

Andy

Martin Ray and Mary Ann Runchman all together with family in census

jenlouise

im do apologise for being on the absent list when all this info was posted it is much appreciated,it is few other people that did quibble about mary anne rowland being emmas mother they had mary anne runchman,i am so plsd i have not made a mistake in my tree as you know when this occurs its a nightmare lol once more thank you for clarifying the facts
    kind regards
    jenlouise