Starting to feel at home

Default Hebrew translation

Can anyone translate this headstone please? Hopefully my clue to Rachel's family

thanks in anticipation

For clarity- Is Abraham Abrahams the same person who married Rachel in Amsterdam in 1820 and who died in 1864 at 4 Gravel Lane Houndsditch- The Jewish Victorian. Genealogical Information from Jewish Newspapers 1861-70 trannscribes and edited by Doreen Berger, 2004 Publisher Robert Boyd has an entry Mr S Isaacs, Mrs and Miss Abrahams thanks for condolences for their late lamented wife, daughter and sister 4 Gravel Lane Houndsditch 24.6.1870- death Jane Isaacs 9.6.1870 in her 35th year beloved wife of Solomon Isaacs.
    Phillip

Have you considered sending a copy of the photograph to Cemetery Scribes and asking if they would accept the photograph for their data base. This would also enable them to transcribe the Hebrew inscription plus give other researchers who share the same family (I have seen several Ancestry.Com family trees which have Rachel and Abraham recorded but no reference to Rachel's last name) the opportunity to add further data if they have it.
    Phillip

Starting to feel at home

Many thanks Phillip for both posts.

Yes this is believed to be the same Abraham Abrahams & Rachel - my GGGrand parents - of whom there is record on the 1851 & 1861 Censuses. The apparently had 10 children, all born in Holland between 1822 & 1844, and my enquiry with dutchjewry.org gave a nil record of any sort. Pre 1851 the only info is from the Census.

Your thought to approach Cemetery Scribes is a good one, thanks.

Thank you also for the Doreen Berger reference for Jane Isaacs for which I have her Marriage & Death Certs and Headstone. She was 2nd wife of Solomon, 5th child of the above Abraham and so my GGrand Mother. The two Doreen Berger books look tempting but pushing the budget too far I fear!

Many other questions but I'll post seperately

regards