Starting to feel at home

Default Isaacs/Hart Gravel Lane, Houndsditch

Solomon Isaacs' (1828 - 1892) first marriage 22/2/1852 was to Esther Hart (b 1831). She bore him 2 children, Isaac (b 1852) & Barnett (b 1854) but dies sometime after.

Solomon remarried, Jane Abrahams on 2/9/1857 etc etc

Only 2 Esther Isaacs show on the indexes and neither is the right one. I would have thought that by 1854-57 it would have been difficult not to register a death. I have tried JewishGen and Synagogue scribes but either missed her or . . .

Can anyone offer any suggestions, please?

Looking at Free BMD there is: Birth Dec qtr 1853 E London 1c 20 BARNET IAACS; Death-ESTHER ISAACS Dec qtr 1853 E London 1c 16.
    You then have Deaths: Esther Isaacs June qtr 1855 Whitechapel 1c 224 and Esther Isaacs Sept qtr 1856 Whitechapel 1c 216. Then Marriage Solomon Isaacs Sept qtr 1857 London City 1c 290.
    Suggest that the 1853 Death for Esther Isaacs maybe the right one given also the birth of Barnet in 1853- did she die following the birth. You might want to get a GRO Death Certificate for the Esther Isaacs dying 1853.
    Phillip

Starting to feel at home

Many thanks Phillip

1853 was outside my radar so must consider that next time. Cert ordered - if it proves correct my only consolation is that better genealogist that I have missed it in the past! regards

No need for consolation. This hobby is all about missing things and someone else finding them for you. I spent a lot of time trying to sort out my Jewish ancestors and came to the conclusion that they won't be found until they want you to find them.
    Welcome to the forum for Genealaddicts
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time