Is there anyone out there related to Pinkerton Agent James McParland?
I believe he is related to my family, indirectly, possibly through his father Eneas McParland-Drumachee, Mullaghbrack.
We share the same last name and my GG Grandparents were originally from Ireland. The clincher was when we came across a photo of James McParland online, as a young agent and realized he was a dead ringer for my brother, and I mean identical, right down to the way his hairline was, the glasses and his stance!!. Eerie, but exciting!!

My GG Grandfather was named Barnard McParlan/McParlane/McParland b. abt 1831 and his father was Bernard McParlan/McParlane/McParland b. abt 1796. There was another son, Daniel and I believe a daughter, Ann. They all moved to County Grey, Ont., Canada around 1847-48, but I don't know from what area, so if I could find out more from others researching the same family, maybe I can make a connection.

I have searched, but not been able to make much headway outside of Canada. There was a Bernard McParland in Drumachee, but I don't think the dates work.

I'd love to know exactly where Eneas was born. It was somewhere in Armagh, abt 1807. He died July 12, 1889 in Drumachee. Mary Loughran was his wife. I have a copy of his will, but that doesn't help.

Hopefully there's someone else on the hunt as well!!