Thread: evans

gardenslab

Default evans

i have being trying for a number of years to track down my paternal side of the family without much joy. i n 1832 in worcester england a thomas evans married a mary hawks.
    sorry i have nothing more and have just hit a brickwall . can anyone help please.

LittleSpark

The only thing I've managed to find is from Family Search:-
    Thomas Evans married Mary Hawkes 6th May 1832 - Wolverley, Worcs.

Wolverley is situated between Kinver and Kidderminster.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Reputation beyond repute

Indeed. Wolverley must be the best part of 20 miles from Worcester.

Is this entry in FamilySearch all you've got? If so the next step is to look at a copy of the marriage register. This may contain useful information. What parish were the players said to be from? Who were the witnesses? Was the marriage by licence or banns?

If you want to view the register on microfilm through the Mormons, the one you want looks to be FHL BRITISH Film 527945

If you're still stuck after that, then you can call it a brick wall

Brick wall demolition expert!

Welcome gardenslab.. One persons brickwall is another's picket fence.. Lots members who can help get over either..

Welcome to Brit-Gen gardenslab

As valg says plenty of us on here to try and help and Peter has pointed you in the right direction for viewing the microfilm.
    You may like to try ordering a photocopy of the parish register from familysearch.org. On this page scroll down and type in photoduplication then read and follow the instructions.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

janbooth

Perhaps another clue is the marriage in Wolverley on 18 January 1836 of a Joseph HAWKES to a Mary Ann HAWKES (source Ancestry's Select Marriages). Either, or neither, could be a relative of your Mary's. Looking at the 1851 census for this couple they are living in Wolverley (HO107/2037, folio 176, page 7). Joseph is shown as an aged 37 year old Forgeman born Appledown?, Kent & Mary Ann as aged 35 born Exeter, Devon.

There is also a James HAWKES, aged 40, Forgeman, born Exeter living in the 1851 census of Wolverley with his wife Hannah & children - could this be another relative.

Sorry to ask questions, but how do you know that these are your paternal relatives? It would help us to help you if you could give us the information that led you to the fact that this couple are your paternal line, always excluding living relatives of course. Have you found Thomas & Mary EVANS in any census records after their marriage for example? Presumably one of their children is your line, so where was this child born?

Janet

Wilkes_ml

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Joseph is shown as an aged 37 year old Forgeman born Appledown?, Kent

Janet
    Likely to be Appledore Kent, which is close to Tenterdon I think.