Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Scpeel

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Harriett PEE died 1880 Brentford John as a widower is on the 1881 census & must be the reason why William & siblings are with a relative

According to 1911 return, John PEE & Mary Ann married 1884
    You've gone so fast with this stuff, but I have a lot of info on the Pee family already. My main issue was determining whether William Edward Pee was the same person as William Peel. If that is indeed the case, then things look a lot better from that point upwards!

I appreciate your help though, especially with the probate calendar. I will try to find out more about that soon.

I am also waiting for Rugby Register Office to send a copy of William Pee's marriage certificate, to try to match his signature against William Peel's. I have everything crossed that they turn out pretty darn similar!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Will await your next posting on marriage certificate, I was looking to see if Harriett had left any money??

Scpeel

Wow, Rugby register office were speedy! The marriage certificate arrived today. What do you think? There's over 25 years between the two signatures, but they look pretty similar to me. What do you think?

Thanks!

Wilkes_ml

Apart from the capital W and capital P, I would say they were very close.

Scpeel

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkes_ml View Post
    Apart from the capital W and capital P, I would say they were very close.
    I noticed that, but I think that the writing is constrained in one, whereas in the other you have broader lines to write on. The tapering of "William" is quite an interesting similarity, though.

Taking into account maturity and the fine / broad nib used I think this is one & the same person, the 'P'in the surname displays close similarities, as pointed out the peson(s) do not appear in the records at the same time....there are some inaccuracies in the info recorded i.e the number of children etc that are livable with.

Scpeel

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    ...there are some inaccuracies in the info recorded i.e the number of children etc that are livable with.
    I have looked back at the 1911 cencus and I don't quite understand how this could have occurred. I have found out that only two of the children were in fact William's, and that the other 3 - although stated as his on the birth certificate - were born by a different father, long after William had scarpered. I don't really understand why he would have said that any of his children were dead, though; all of them were alive and well at that point in time.

Wilkes_ml

Did William have a different relationship with another woman whilst seperated from his wife? Could he have had other children (maybe under their mother's maiden name) who may have died?

Scpeel

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkes_ml View Post
    Did William have a different relationship with another woman whilst seperated from his wife? Could he have had other children (maybe under their mother's maiden name) who may have died?
    The only other children that I know of were born to his second wife (my great grandmother) and both survived childhood. Also, they were born much later, in 1917 and 1921.

Just throwing a bit more into your family pot!

have found out that only two of the children were in fact William's, and that the other 3 - although stated as his on the birth certificate - were born by a different father, long after William had scarpered
    I think a bit more research is needed into William PEE & Elizabeth ANDREWS

E|lizabeth states up to 1901 there are the following children

Ellen Elizabeth PEE 1890 aka ALLEN
    John Wm Hector 1893 PEE aka ALLEN & BRANSTON
    Florence V 1894 PEE aka ALLEN & BRANSTON
    Frederick 1896 ( Chelsea) PEE aka ALLEN & BRANSTON
    Annie 1898 PEE aka ALLEN & BRANSTON
    William 1903 BRANSTON ( 1911 census)

Elizabeth PEE marries Henry BRANSTON 1910 Rugby yet staes on the 1911 census she had been married 18 years 5 children & living

The address given is that that Ellen PEE gave on her marriage in 1907,

Moving to this mariiage the witnesses were John ANDREW / Katherine Maria HERN
    Coinciedence, on the same page as Elizabeth 's 1910 marriage is a John ANDREW ( Elizabeth's brother?) to Mary Hannah HERN

As a by, Frederick PEE is shown on the cwgc.org site, you can add his parents info to the entry
    https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/ca...E,%20FREDERICK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12