Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wilkes_ml

Following on from my theory that her mother was unmarried, I found a John (a forge labourer b. Blaenavon) & Mary HARVARD in the 1881 Census (so a few years before Elizabeth Hannah was born) living at Blaenavon Ref: RG11; Piece: 5237; Folio: 51; Page: 15

John & Mary had William Harvard aged 17 b. Blaenavon, a hauliar

Thomas Havard age 15 b. Brecon
    Richard Havard age 11 b. Brecon

David age 8 born Ebw Vale
    Mary A. Harvard age 6 b. Ebw vale

Eliza age 2 born Blaenavon

so I think this could be a possible father (just need to look for him in 1891 and see if his occupation is a miner/labourer by then.

p.s. Blaenavon is a stones throw away from Ebwe vale!
    Last edited by Wilkes_ml; 28-08-2014 at 12:51 PM. Reason: correction & Reference

Wilkes_ml

I have a possible match for Elizabeth Hannah TYLER birth registered December quarter of 1884 in the Bedwelty registration district Ref: 11a 100

edited: I have found a Elizabeth H. TYLER in the 1891 census with her parents John & Elizabeth TYLER living at Tredegar, Bedwelty, so this one can be ruled out.

Wilkes_ml

Another possibility is Elizabeth Hannah GRIFFITHS birth registered March Quarter 1885 Bedwelty registration district Ref: 11a 118

I also found her in the 1901 Census and born Ebw Vale so looked promising, but she appears to be the daughter of Henry & Martha Ann GRIFFITHS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123