sjh047

Default New to this site

Hello
    I'm Stuart and have been researching my family history for a couple of years.
    My main focus is on the Hateley and Keepax families, as I saw my name on the Menin Gate at Ypres a few years ago - actually Samuel Hateley and I have now found a link!
    I've joined various online sites to try to expand the family tree.
    I hope to expand, and may be available to help others

Welcome to British-Genealogy Stuart

This is definitely the right place to be for those of us who are in the grip of genealogy fever and like you we all give and receive help and even chat about things other than genealogy sometimes.
    The more you get your family name out there on the web the more chance you have of connecting with living relatives you didn't know existed.
    If you intend reading some of the thousands of posts on here you had better set yourself up with some sustenance before you begin, it could fill in a few hours.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Stuart, welcome to the British Genealogy forum. Have a look around, we have a lot of forums and very helpful experts.

At the top of many forums we have (semi)permanent messages that we call "stickies" that aim to give general help on the topics covered by that topic (eg the military groups all have a sticky on how to get WW2 records from MOD, and the Finding your Feet has one about uploading images).