joshrogers

Exclamation Royal Hampshire Regiment/Hampshire Tigers

My grandfather passed away recently and I have no information on his wartime career - I know he was in the army in the Hampshire Regiment which was referred to as the Hampshire Tigers and his name was BASIL NORMAN ROGERS. Born 1932. Does anybody know anything about my grandfathers war records???????????? Can't get it from the MOD as my father (who i'm not in contact with) has the death certificate. Please help!

Welcome to British-Genealogy joshrogers

The only place to access your grandfather's records is from the MOD and as you are not next of kin and your grandfather has only died recently you will not be able to purchase his records. There are no WW11 individual service records available anywhere online.
    The only thing I can suggest, to learn something about your grandfather's war time experiences, is to research his regiment.
    This research guide on The National Archives site may give you some ideas.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

thewideeyedowl

Here you should be able to find info about the Royal Hampshire Regiment, known as the Hampshire Tigers: https://1rhamps.com/Reg_History/Regimental.html.

Sorry I cannot give any specific help, but that site might give some pointers as to where to look.

Off to roost.

Owl

PS A very warm welcome to Brit Gen.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

If your grandfather was born in 1932 he is unlikely to have served during WW2, since he would have only been 13 by the time war ended. However, I don't know if he could have served in Korea, researching the regiment should answer that one.

Martin