Thread: Saying Hello

madetotreasure

Default Saying Hello

Hi there. I have been researching 6 of my family trees for the past two years with some pleasant and some surprising results. I do, however, have a number of brickwalls and queries which I hope you will help me overcome. There are some significant birthdays coming up and I would like to complete this work and put it all into a book for the family. Your help over the coming weeks will be very much appreciated.

Welcome in. I see that you've already found suitable forums and sent your first queries.

Remember that answers sometimes take days (or weeks or months) to arrive, though. I've just found someone I first posted about 10 years ago, thanks to someone finding a very old message of mine.

Welcome

Oh boy, you have made one big mistake re your research - it is never completed! We can choose to cut it off at a certain point or our ancestors do that for us, intentionally or unintentionally but even if we give it a rest there is always one of them niggling away in the recesses of our mind.

The book is going to be a fascinating read for your family so in the foreword make sure you impress upon them just how long it has taken to amass the information you have recorded because even in this technological age it is still a time consuming, frustrating and rewarding obsession.

Good luck with the book

Christina

ps. I like your user name.
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs