Loves to help with queries

Default Frances Bourne burial

Clyde Dissington, Magic Attic, seems certain that Frances Bourne (died 1 May 1905) would have been buried in the OLDER section of the Weslyan burial ground at Woodville. The Attic do not have records for the OLDER section as Methodist records are (quote) "notoriously difficult to find". They do have surnames of those buried in the new section at Woodville but there is not a Bourne mentioned. Both he and I are doubtful there is a headstone but Clyde has offered to get "a roundtuit" but I know he is an extremely busy man. If there is someone out there with a bit of time on their hands living nearby who would be happy to do a search of stones I would be so appreciative. This is my last hope of finding her burial.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Lizzie,

Has anyone looked at the local papers for the time to see if there is any obituary/funeral report which said that Frances was definitely going to be buried at Woodville.

I know diddly-squit about Woodville, so I googled and was slightly perturbed to read (in the seventh paragraph)
    This newly-created garden, which has replaced an overgrown cemetery and a large swathe of sloping land behind the Methodist Church,
    derbyshirelife.co.uk/out-about/places/the_village_of_woodville_derbyshire_1_1634854 (copy-and-paste)
    Article dated February 2010.
    Though presumably Clyde is familiar with the area and knows that the 'older' part of the cemetery you're referring to still exists.

Pam