Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Starting to feel at home

Megan,
    Thanks for info. This seems to be the case for the William Matthews 1791 and 1796.
    However, I am still baffled by William Stewart Drummond Matthew, of Thomas and Sarah Matthew born Jul 26, 1863. This is in Parish Register.
    William Steward Roy born in Jul Aug Sept quarter, 1863. This is in the DMD Index.
    Are they possibly the same person?
    Tho reason that I'm so interested is that I'm trying to ascertain that Thomas Matthew's Wife's is Margaret Roy.
    I think that Thomas Matthew's grandmother's name is Catherine Drummond and his grandfather's name is John Roy, parents of Margaret Roy.
    I think that Thomas used his grandparents' surnames in William's ( Thomas' Son) name? Can anyone help?

Starting to feel at home

William Stewart Drummond Matthew Record Type: Baptism Baptism Date: 16 Aug 1863 Father's Name: Thomas Matthew Mother's name: Sarah Matthew Parish or Poor Law Union: St Matthias, Bethnal Green Borough: Tower Hamlets Register Type: Parish Registers

Name: William Steward Roy Matthew Registration Year: 1863 Registration Quarter: Jul-Aug-Sep Registration district: Whitechapel Parishes for this Registration District: View Ecclesiastical Parishes associated with this Registration District Inferred County: London Volume: 1c Page: 330
    Thomas Matthews of William Matthews and Margaret ? Trying to ascertain the maiden name of Thomas' mother! I think that it is "Roy" but I don't have clear evidence. All family Trees have Margaret?.
    However, above you can see William Stewart Drummond Matthews 1863 listed as son of Thomas & Sarah Matthews.
    The second BMD Record lists a William Steward Roy Matthews born in Jul Aug Sept quarter of 1863. It says to visit Ecclesiastical
    Records. I don't know how to do this.
    Margaret Roy's parents are John Roy and Catherine Drummond; it seems that Thomas & Sarah used Margaret Roy's Parents' surname in their son's William's name.
    I , however, can't explain "William Steward Roy" Matthews unless I can access Ecclesiastical Records. Can anybody help me unravel this confusion? Do you think that I am "reckless" coming to my conclusion?

Starting to feel at home

Can anyone help me with #22? Thanks. Maggie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123