kiwiblue100

Default Fathers 75 Squadron Record in WW2

My father was a WW2 Lancaster Pilot for 75 Squadron (RAF). I was wondering if his service record would be here and how I would find it.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello kiwiblue100,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Records for servicemen in WW2 are still held by the MoD. See this sticky for a little bit more information, plus a link to the forms you need to use when applying for a copy of the records.

Pam

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi

You can get these records as well- https://discovery.nationalarchives.go...&_ser=AIR%2027
    I think the records may have more information than the summary, but you will need to know the dates he was with them, which will be in his records, or his flying log book summary if you have it. It looks like it could work out a bit expensive!

regards

Robert

We don't allow duplicate posts on the forum as it breaks up any chains of help and confuses things. Although this was the earliest post, the other one has more replies so I'm going to close this one. If anyone can help, please answer the message HERE.

That said, it would be easier to help if you told us his name! And his number if you know it.