Thread: james trainer

jenlouise

Default james trainer

i am needing some help with the trainer family pls
    i have james trainer b1825 ireland he married ellen born 1830 ireland they had 3 children
    mary anne trainer b 1846 ireland
    ellen trainer b 1848 belfast
    william trainer b1859 scotland

i was give ellens maiden name as fullen but so far cannot find the marriage to james trainer
    i have the family in newcastle upon tyne on the 1861 and 1871 census and then cannot find james and ellen anywhere
    james trainer was a french polisher i hope someone can shed some light on james and ellen

kind regards
    jen

Nicolina

according to the 1861 Census (RG9, Folio 30, Piece 3826) they also had a son James born in Ireland about 1850.
    I'm not having any luck finding them on the 1871 Census though.

janbooth

Can't find James & Ellen in the 1881 census at the moment, but this could perhaps be son William (aged 10 in the 1871 census and surname transcribed as TRAMER) in the 1881 census of Framwellgate, Durham (RG11/4955, folio 97, page 9):

36 Framwellgate, Lodging House, Licensed

William TRAINER Lodger Unm 20 French Polisher Scotland

There is a death registration for a James TRAINER in the December qtr 1874 at Newcastle upon Tyne reg district, aged 55, which may be relevant to you, although the age at death is incorrect, but I cannot find another James TRAINER in the 1871 census of Newcastle. Another record which may be relevant to you is a marriage at Newcastle upon Tyne reg district in the September qtr 1875 of an Ellen TRAINER to either a Peter MCCABE or a Joseph LOWES.

Janet