chippygill

Default The Royal Societies Club in St Jame's Street

The Royal Societies Club was in St James's Street, London from 1894-1941. My grandfather, Albert Leslie Neale, handed his Military Cross into the Club and I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to the club, where it moved to or what happened to his medal.
    Any information would be gratefully received.
    Thank you
    Gill Thompson (nee Neale)

Daily Mail, Jan 8 1941
    "Yesterday afternoon, members of the Royal Societies Club in St James-Street were invited to consider joining up with the Empress Club in Dover Street"

Yet to find which way the vote went!
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

The Times, Jul 16, 1971 published a letter from "Royal Societies Club, 100 Piccadilly, London W1"

Reputation beyond repute

See the Times. After St James's Street, the club seemed to relocate to 100 Piccadilly.

The last mention of the Royal Societies Club at 100 Piccadilly was in 1971. I don't know what happened after that.

Edit: beaten to the punch again

The Times 6 Jul 1946 CLUB ANNOUNCEMENTS The Empress Club and Royal Societies Club

Members are advised the clubhouse will be closed 2nd August to 2 September for maintenance/repairs

Looks like they did come together.

The Sunday Times, Nov 4 1984, carried an advert "ANNOUNCING 100 PICCADILLY"

It had undergone a total revamp which made "100 Piccadilly the most desirable custom made headquarters building in London".