Starting to feel at home

Default Anything Is Possible!

Hi guys!

I thought id share a little of my experience now im closer to the end, and let all those struggling know that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! Dont give up hope, because when you least expect it you get that lead and that feeling inside!

I have spent about 7 months now in full on research mode. I started out with my grandfathers birth certificate, he died at only 30 years old and so there was noone left to ask about anything. The address bought no leads, there was noone of that name on the electoral registers, and the name lead to a billion leads of different women, no dad was listed. I really was struggling to find any hope of working out who my grandads family were. All we had to go on was a contract of employment from 1953 where he named a couple as his guardians. This lead me to adoptions, childrens homes etc, all with no results.

So the fact I can stand here today and tell you I know exactly who my great grandmother was, her whole life, and death, even where she is buried, her family back generations, is a miracle.

It took alot of work, different records in different archives, even shipping records from abroad, before i had enough leads to take me to a great great grandmother, that then lead me to my great grandmother her daughter! her name wasnt even the same as the birth certificate (That was a middle name) and the address was slightly different! So I actually went from a birth certificate with a wrong name and address and still found her :-) it lead me to electoral registers with her on, a marriage and a death, she actually lived just a few streets down from where my grandfather had lived until his death!

So dont give up! Happy to help anyone truely stumped if you wanna pm me :-)

Ryan

Brick wall demolition expert!

Well done!

Wilkes_ml

Well done! Many branches will be like that, some are difficult and some seem totally impossible. I live in hope that I will find the death certificate of my eldest son's grandfather who only died around 1973...you would think that one should be easy!