Default JOHN HART - ELIZABETH JACOBS

This new thread should be read in conjunction with several earlier threads relating to the children of John Hart 1797-1865 and his wife Elizabeth Jacobs 1801-1872. The threads include: Claude Spencer Hart 1880-1952; Sarah Simmons-David Hart; Amelia Hart- Maurice Davies; Sarah Hart alias Miss Agnes Burdett; Percy Horace Underwood possibly Percy Hart.
    The purpose of this thread is to provide a brief overview for my newly found distant cousins to support their own further research.
    John Hart 1797-1865 appears in Synagogue and Cemetery Scribes records including a photograph of his tombstone - see Cemetery Scribes ID 3627. The father of John Hart was Benjamin Hart born date unknown and died circa 1836 London; wife unknown ( this line include several sons and daughters). The parents of Elizabeth Jacobs 1801-1872 were Henry Jacobs and Kitty Moses ( there is significant data on the Jacobs lines which appears under an early thread Jacobs china and glass dealers and on the Jacobstree website).
    The children of John Hart and Elizabeth Jacobs were:
    David John Hart 1821-1907 married Sarah Simmons - their children-John Hart 1845-1939; Nathan Hart aka James Nathan 1849-1920; Percy H Hart 1860-1924 ( possibly Percy Horace Underwood); David Hart was also later married to Leah Francis Swift
    Edward Hart 1823- I have no data on Edward beyond his appearance in British Census and do not know when he died if he married
    Julia Hart 1826-1899 died a spinster
    Sarah Hart 1828-1900 aka Miss Agnes Burdett married- Solomon Solome and Theodore Pincus - no children from either marriage
    Catherine Hart aka Kate 1831-1901 married Abraham Crawcour and on his death Lionel Campbell Goldsmid - no children from either marriage
    Benjamin Hart 1836 - ( I will post on Benjamin on this thread)
    Henry Chapman Hart 1838-1919 married Amelia Hart 1841-1928 ( her parents Aaron Henry Hart and Ann Rebecca Crawcour )- their children- Constance Hart 1865; Ernest Henry Hart 1867- 1931- these lines settled in Italy and South Africa
    Amelia Hart 1843 died unknown- married Maurice Davies- their children- David Davies 1865; Elizabeth Davies 1867 ( I have not been able to trace Amelia post her separation from Maurice in 1870-71 or what happened to her two children.

Phillip

Default MORRICE HART 1841-1841

The following newspaper account describes the inquest into the death of Morrice Hart the baby of John Hart and Elizabeth Jacobs. The Morning Post Weds Sept 22, 1841. "Sudden Death in the Streets of a child"..... Inquest held at the Edinburgh Castle, Strand on the body of Morrice Hart aged 4 months.Deceased was the child of John Hart clothes salesman..of 319 Strand on Friday last...was taken out by his nurse Mary Smith, who on returning home felt the child struggling as if in convulsions.. The nurse believed that the child had died in the streets of convulsions... Verdict "Natural Causes".

I have yet to confirm both the GRO Birth and Death Index records for Morrice and the first name may be spelled Morris. Morrice needs to be added to the names of the children of John and Elizabeth.

Phillip

Free BMD Birth Index Record- Morrice Hart Sept qtr 1841 Strand 1 349. There is no death index record using the first name spellings Morrice/Maurice/Morris. I don't know the reason for this but wondered if it had to do with the inquest finding.
    Phillip