Thread: Introducing...

Starting to feel at home

Smile Introducing...

Myself to the forum, I'm steve, aged 60, based in the Central Bedfordshire area, but working in the Thames Valley area.

I came to genealogy after my father died thirteen years ago, when I realised his generation of the family were becoming fewer and the family stories would die out.

My paternal side of the family is descended from the Levy Isaacs family (ref. postings on jewish roots), but for many years I couldn't find a link between my ggg grandfather, Isaac Levy Isaacs and the rest of his family.

While faced with this brick wall, I went off and looked at various other branches of the family until one day another researcher (who I have found is a member of the forum) gave me a steer in the right direction.

My work takes up the major part of my time, and I'm not able to do as much research as I would like, so this forum seems to be an ideal place to get some ideas on where to focus research time.

Looking forward to finding my way around the site.

Hallo Steve, and a very warm welcome to British Genealogy. Have a good look round, not forgetting the various "sticky" threads at the top of many forums, and then post your queries on the relevant forum when you are ready.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Levy family

Hi, I am also researching the Levy family. I am researching Arthur Moss Hyman Levy but I have found very little on him todate.