Famous for offering help & advice

Default WW1 Service Records on Ancestry

Since the start of the year, I've been going through a few sections of the above, with the aim of making it easier to find ancestors ... those who have been mis-filed have been entered on BritGen as "Strays".

I've been away since early June - and now find that the "page" numbers have changed (eg Edward Bolan was mis-filed with Scott, page 44770. But now he is on page 44831 ... )

Does anyone here know what might have happened? Have Ancestry made any announcements since 7 June? I wouldn't mind so much if they'd fixed their lousy indexing, but the mis-files are still there, unindexed, in the wrong sections.

Jane

Hello Jane
    Two or three weeks ago ancestry was taken down by infiltrators and things were a bit topsy turvy for a few days whilst they gradually got all the data bases back on line. Others will know the techie speak for what happened
    Now whether that would have affected your page numbers I have no idea. May be send an email and ask them? It may be something they are not aware of.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi

Ancestry also says they have updated the files, maybe that altered the numbers!
    Just to confuse you and also frustrate!

regards

Robert